With 387 polling units in so far:
PDP – 39,606
Invalid – 6,291
– The conduct members of Apc party exhibited today in Edo2016was very disappointing For God’s sake, what is El’Rufai, Ambode and the rest doing in Edo today? Must it always be money, bribery and open-eye? #rubbish
– Lagos state governor and kaduna state governor are in Edo to facilitate the rigging but it won’t work.
– All this polling unit result coming out from edo governorship election today, showing that PDP is leading apc with a wide margin. do you think that it will survive nid-night and tomorrow mornibg? remember that this nigeria where inec apc will do american wonders. stay tunef and watch out tomorrow morning for another tesult….
– President Muhammadu Buhari —
“I urge the good people of Edo State to remain Law abiding as they partake in today’s Election.
I assure that this Selection process will be free, fair and credible.
We must, as leaders, put the interest of the people first. God gave us leadership not to lord it over others but to serve people.”
– This is a great project giving does with physically change problem the oppotunity to cast there vote ..I think this the kind of change with want to see in Edo state ,Nigeria and Africa
– ..Early Result From Edo Governorship Election Trickling Into Our Newsroom Indicate That Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu is In a Comfortable Lead!
Godwin Obaseki has vowed to challenge the outcome of the election if its not in his favour!!
Voter Turn Out was very High and Unprecedented!
– 2:46pm: Counting of votes begins in some polling units.
11:05am: Voting is ongoing at the polling centre in Agbado Primary School in Benin City.
INEC National Commissioner, Mrs Amina Zakari, says process has gone based on expectation.
She says that security agents are doing their work and the people of Edo State are doing what is expected of them.
10:40am: The poll got off to a smooth start in some polling centres at Esan West Local Government Area with good turnouts of electorates.
While voting takes place in an orderly manner, polling officers at the central primary school in Esan West say the entire process has been going on smoothly with little or no incidents with the card readers.
09:40am: At another polling point, election is going on peacefully.
The turnout of voters is massive with the presence of heavily-armed security operatives at the premises of the election venue.
08:45am: Ballot boxes are getting filled up. People with disabilities are also at the polling units to vote the candidate of their choice.
The election has been peaceful so far and voters hope that the process continues that way.
– Oh because you tried in NPA and you succeded because the then NLC president(Oshiomhole) was secretly in your support and that was how he made his money in which he used in contesting for governorship election in Edo state and now you think that this present NLC is like Oshiomhole NLC.
– Buhari, Tambuwal, APC Governors Move To Quell Tinubu, Oyegun’s Rift –
President Muhammadu Buhari has endorsed a move by Governor Aminu Tambuwal and two other governors to settle the dispute between All Progressives Congress, APC national leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and national chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oygeun.
A meeting between the peace envoys and the two men will, however, not hold until weekend at the earliest, sources in the party told Vanguard. The delay it was learnt was to enable the party give full attention to the Edo State governorship election holding on Wednesday. Oyegun, Tinubu and Buhari The peace move, it was gathered, was launched by interested party stakeholders who were discomfited with the verbal tirade between the two men following the submission of Chief Rotimi Akeredolu’s name as the party’s governorship candidate ford Ondo State governorship election holding in November.
Tinubu had allegedly backed Dr. Segun Abraham who came second in the p